The basic recipe can be modiied for any left overs, but we like the sweetcorn as the best. I like to add fresh asparagus when it is in season, however it is as delicious without.
1 tin creamed sweetcorn*
punnet of fresh asparagus(optional)
1.5 cups flour
3teaspoons Baking powder
pinch of salt
4Tablespoons margarine( I find butter makes the pastry heavier)
7Tablespoons of boiling water
1 cup of grated cheese(or more to suit your preferences)
1. Set oven at 190deg. C
2.Grate cheese and lightly grease pie dish
3. Sift dry ingredients
4.Melt marg in water, mix in with dry ingredients and press into pie dish
5. Mix eggs, sweetcorn and a handful of grated cheese.
6.Place mixture into pie shell and place asparagus on top like the spokes of a wheel.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes
9. My oven needs to be turned down to 180 deg.C after 20 minutes
* To cream a tin of sweetcorn, just blitz in a liquidiser and add a little milk so that the mixture is not too thick
I have substituted the sweet corn with mushrooms and left over savoury mince.
I would imagine anything that takes your fancy would work :)