Sunday 24 January 2010

Memories of a snowy England........


Hubby captured these pics out by the canal. I've never seen the canals frozen over in the 7 years we've lived here






The birds didn't seem perturbed by the snow and ice.

In fact they were the only ones able to brave the iced canal.

There is a lesson to be learned through God's birds and how they will adapt
to their ever changing circumstances.


There is a lesson here for me: to be flexible and adapt to the ever changing circumstances
I find myself in and trust God.














One of my favourite scriptures encouraging me to trust God is Philipians 4:6&7
"Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

  1. Ann,
    Until I met you and you explained the canals in England, I had no idea that there was such a mode of travel like that there. It looks like canal travel has come to a standstill....even for the ducks.

    The pics are all shades of gray. Beautiful. Good lesson about bending with change. One thing's for certain -- change.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, Ann! Keep it up. You're blessed to have a daughter to help you learn the ways of blogging, LOL!

    Some day I'll get to England. What a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete

Note to self.......

Focusing on Christ puts everything into perspective