Wednesday 3 January 2018

The grass whithers, and the flowers fade.............

It has been a very long time since I have written down my ramblings. Seasons have come and gone and yet with assurance we know they will continue to return. A new year does get us rethinking, planning, changing, doesn't it.

                


 Life has taken us on a complicated journey which I am still endeavouring to walk. I am always having to remind myself  to be "calm in the midst of the challenges on my life" Some days I achieve this and feel like I have reached my angle of repose.  Other days I realise there is still much learning.
My last post, I wrote about my mum and the road we walked with her as she battled with dementia.
The struggle stopped last year in February, so the anniversary of her passing is not long off now.

  
How I miss her; it still aches some days when I think of her but we rejoice in that she is free of all that came against her in her final years. She is safe in the arms of Jesus.
   I will write more about mum close to the anniversary of her passing.


So what have I been up to? I'd like to record some highlights from the past, more for my own benefit really, but trust you will enjoy going down memory lane with me. Through this very stormy time we have gone through and in some ways still go through, there have been wonderful highlights and times of blessings.
 
This photograph taken while visiting a lavender farm helps me see beauty around us even as storms brew. I know God's word tells us to look up and not at the things around us, and yet I think there are times when you have seen dark clouds on the horizon and the things around bring comfort and a little respite from the impending storm.
The sweet heady aroma of the lavender represents for me the tranquility and presence of God.
He is there before the storm and in the storm.
And finally I add the most important fact about grass withering and flowers fading: but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever" ~ Hebrews 13:8




2 comments:

  1. Dear Ann, I did not realize that your mom left this earth for her Heavenly home with Jesus. I remember that you were very busy tending to her needs. My sympathies to you. May you relish the memories of her.

    Beautiful lavender picture, and I love your thoughts about God being (the lavender) in our storms. Good to see you back to blogging. I'll be popping in!
    Happy New Year, Friend.
    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete

Note to self.......

Focusing on Christ puts everything into perspective