Monday 27 October 2014

It's been a while................

Life has been full and rather stressful over the past 6 months.  I keep coming up for air and then floundering again, but this time feels  different.  I think there is change on the horizon and I welcome it.
Coming from me that is unusual as I normally don't like change, but this time I'm am ready and look forward to new paths and horizons.  My dearest mom continues to suffer from dementia and I am having to learn each day is new and different.  There is always change and nothing is constant.
I am so glad there is a season for everything and in everything there is a season. Even through hard times over the last 6 months I am grateful for the people and places in my life.

Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.
JOHN STEINBECK, Sweet Thursday
God reminds us to be thankful in all circumstances and that has been my goal. There are many things for us to be thankful for , but there are two that are the most important right now
I am so thankful for teatime with Mum when she still remembers us.  There are days when the confusion is so upsetting for her to deal with
 
 
I am thankful for walks in our local woods
 
 
Wishing you times of thankfulness
 

8 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again. Keep strong. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to say hello via Mad About Bags - it's always lovely to "meet" a fellow Midlands blogger and I look forward to following your adventures :-)
    Wishing you a happy day,
    love Gilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear you've been through such rough water these past six months. I know God is with you through it all, but it doesn't mean it's easy. We know one thing is for sure: change. I like your list of thankfuls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog - your header is fabulous - reminds me of the amazing lavender fields I visited this Summer. I do hope that things are going to get better for you and that you have good things ahead to look forward to. Blessings, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, thanks for your message!! Phones do funny things now and again!! Looking forward to sending you your cracker swap pressie, we must exchange addresses soon! Debi xx

    ReplyDelete

Note to self.......

Focusing on Christ puts everything into perspective